" A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer: it sings because it has a song. "
-- Maya Angelou
WINNER OF LAST WEEK'S RESILIENCE ROADMAP CHALLENGE IS....
(Congratulations - you are now the proud owner of a Windmill Bakery Pie!)
CONNECTION IS CRUCIAL
READ BELOW AND ENTER TO WIN AN ENLIVEN WATER BOTTLE
RESILIENCE ROADMAP CONTEST - 6 WEEKS - 6 PRIZES
THIS WEEK'S PRIZE..ENLIVEN WATER BOTTLE The Chair of the Enliven Board, Rebecca Ellerson, shared a great resilience building tool called
Roadmap to Resilience by Dr. Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D. The ideas are as solid now as
when the Roadmap first came out in 2012. The Roadmap is a great tool for building the
resilience we need to get through Covid, Cancer, and LIFE!
Here's the CONTEST TO WIN AN ENLIVEN WATER BOTTLE
For each of the next 6 weeks, we will be following the 6 areas of wellness
or 6 areas of "fitness" as Dr. Meichebaum calls them:
1. Physical Fitness
2. Interpersonal Fitness (THIS WEEK)
3. Emotional Fitness.
4. Thinking Fitness.
5. Behavioral Fitness.
6. Spiritual Fitness
So how will you take care of your physical self this week?
send us an email or join our Enliven Cancer Care Facebook Group and tell us
with a picture, selfie or in a sentence or two ONE thing that you've done to
nurture your interpersonal wellness!
We will draw from all submissions next Sunday and we'll publish the WINNER OF
An Enliven Water Bottle ...in next week's newsletter.
Interpersonal fitness is the capacity to:
Socially resilient individuals:
Free Virtual Offerings This Week
Did you know you can call, text or email us anytime?
We will get back toyou within 24 hours. We want to hear from you!
More than ever we want to make sure the friends of Enliven are connected.
1. STRETCH IT OUT: DAILY at 10am via Facebook LIVE - follow Enliven Board Member and yoga teacher, Allie Chisholm Smith. Not on Facebook? You can catch more great yoga with Allie and Wendy here or visit Ahimsa Yoga Room to purchase ZOOM classes. We can email you a link to the free class. if you click here.
2. WALK IT OUT: We are walking and talking weekly via conference call. The day we walk is weather dependent. We chat and walk for 1 hour (each participant walks in their own neighbourhood to respect social distancing.) If you would like to join this group click here.
3. WRITE IT OUT: WEEKLY each Monday via Facebook. Join the Write it Out Facebook Group or follow/contact Enliven facilitator, Monique Charlton via Facebook. 2pm - 4pm. Not on Facebook? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative ways to join.
4. SOUP FOR THE SOUL: Next week Tuesday MAY 26th at 11:30am.
Pour yourself a cuppa and connect with others who may understand your cancer experience: patients, survivors/thrivers, caregivers (friends & family), healthcare and mental health care providers.
During Covid 19 all programs have people, just like you,
participating, chatting, walking - getting connected!!!
Just try it.
Need help getting started? Just reach out.
705.787.5459 or email email@example.com or
message us via Facebook @enlivenmuskoka
PRIVACY/CONFIDENTIALITY/GRACE: By calling or connecting with any of the above offerings, you agree to honour the privacy, confidentiality and grace that these spaces require.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
I NOW SEE HOW OWNING OUR STORY AND LOVING OURSELVES THROUGH THE PROCESS IS THE BRAVEST THING THAT WE WILL EVER DO.
- BRENE BROWN